Quality and Regulatory Affairs (QRA) is based out of the ASA Washington, D.C. office. QRA’s mission is to direct and advance the interests of anesthesiologists in professional standards, performance outcomes, quality assurance and regulatory affairs as they intersect with quality initiatives. QRA works with physician leaders to advance the physician anesthesiologist’s role in ensuring patient safety and quality. QRA is focused on building relationships with regulatory agencies and health care stakeholder communities, supporting member engagement with accrediting bodies and educating members on federal quality reporting programs. Although part of the Advocacy Division, QRA also interacts with the Anesthesia Quality Institute on a number of levels that include assisting members with reporting PQRS via the Qualified Clinical Data Registry (QCDR) and ensuring that members continue to have the opportunity to report on measures that are meaningful to them, their practice and patients.
- Quality Management: QRA supports members in a variety of quality management matters that include as quality reporting, quality measurement and patient safety.
- Quality Reporting Programs: QRA supports members in a variety of quality management matters that include as quality reporting, quality measurement and patient safety.
- Patient Safety: ASA has been a pioneer in the field of patient safety and its membership has worked to improve patient satisfaction and experience with anesthesia care.
- QRA Member Resources: Compilation of links and materials that address and inform upon common questions and current topics.
- QRA Contact Information: More information on getting in touch with QRA.
(This is a duplicate page of ASA Quality Improvement https://www.asahq.org/quality-and-practice-management/quality-improvement)